Maybe I should stop posting these, as they're totally dependent on whatever I pick up from the deli. But they're just such great weekend lunches, how can I resist? The artichokes and octopus are so rich that we don't need anything but the simplest salad vegetables to go with them.
- two large, ripe tomatoes, halved and sliced
- a few handfuls of fresh washed lettuce, torn
- a generous handful of basil, torn
- 5-6 marinaded artichoke hearts, cut in half
- 50g marinaded octopus, sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 generous tsp dijon mustard
Put the salad ingredients in a bowl, shake the dressing ingredients in a jar, pour over and toss. Serve with fresh buttered bread.