Tuesday 13 March 2012

Pasta with Mushroom Sauce

Only a small amount of
mushrooms...
After abandoning all domestic responsibility and gliding all weekend, I had to make the best of whatever shopping the cute one had done on Saturday. And it turns out that if you don't want a 2 kg bag of mushrooms in your fridge... you have to do the shopping yourself ;)

There's no way to make a heap of
fried mushrooms look attractive.
So I needed to use up a lot of wilting mushrooms... and pretty quickly, before my evening telecon. I found a recipe online which suggested frying mushrooms and then adding yoghurt to make a creamy sauce for pasta. Mine completely separated within seconds, even though I didn't heat it at all, so I had to take the fried mushrooms out, and reduce down a huge amount of extra liquid.  Another lesson learned: if you want a creamy mushroom sauce, you have to use cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment